Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
The Laboratory Computing Resource Center (LCRC) will host this workshop to help researchers improve the performance and productivity of their simulations and data science on the LCRC Knights Landing (KNL) processors. During the morning session workshop participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to use SLURM to run batch jobs and interactive sessions on compute nodes.
- Learn how to use MODULES to setup your environment.
- Learn how to use Intel’s Vtune performance analysis tools to improve your application’s performance on the KNL processor.
The afternoon session will focus on atomistic simulations. Workshop participants will learn how to efficiently use the KNL processor to run Quantum Espresso, LAMMPS, NAMD and VASP.
Each session will be followed by a hands-on session where you can work with LCRC, ALCF and Intel professionals. Bring your questions, code and problems. You will be need to bring a laptop with ssh and Xwindows clients installed for the hands-on sessions.
You are welcome to attend one or both sessions according to your interest.
Registration deadlines for:
- Foreign nationals: March 1st, 2019
- U.S. citizens: March 12th, 2019